MACRO BEEF BURGERS
If you’re anything like us when you are counting calories or ‘macros’ to be more specific you will tend to favour the lower fat options when it comes to your proteins such as white fish, egg whites, or chicken and turkey breast.
Why not try these lower fat beef burgers that will leave your macro count unscathed!
We are huge fans of flavouring foods especially when you are in a deficit of calories because it can be the difference between thinking “screw it” and pigging on something that you are not supposed to have because of the bland food types you have added to your food prep bag.
- Low-calorie cooking spray (or olive oil dependant on your overall fat allowance)
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- 250g extra-lean minced beef (5% fat)
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond or coconut flour (not essential)
Add all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and with your hands combine it all together. Divide the mix into 2 burgers and place on a baking tray.
Oven cook for 25-30 minutes (rough guide) and serve with a salad and/ or macro dependant some home made sweet potato fries.